This weekend I turn 27. Which is rather discomforting, because I am closer than ever to being THIRTY. Eek. I could be sad and eat cupcakes all day, but instead I’m choosing to feel grateful, and excited, and hopeful for what lies ahead. So I’m celebrating my 27th birthday with a reminder to myself, that each passing year is an opportunity to learn and grow. This is what I’ve learnt so far…
1. Don’t say ‘yes’ when you want to say ‘no’.
2. Don’t apologise for things that are not your fault.
3. Life is too short for uncomfortable shoes.
4. Start a skincare regime as early as possible. Invest in your skin.
5. Wear suncream every day.
6. If tea can’t fix it it’s a serious problem.
7. Carve out time every day to do things you love.
8. Stop being ashamed of your weirdness. Embrace it, love it and look for mutual weirdness in others.
9. Spend less time on your phone.
10. Spend more time with your parents.
11. Say ‘thank you’ as often as possible. Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
12. Be kind, even when you don’t want to be.
13. Eat your vegetables.
14. Don’t let people walk all over you. Stand up for yourself.
15. Stop chasing perfection. It’s the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow; you’ll never find it.
16. Celebrate other’s achievements without doubting your own.
17. If you have a dream, you have a duty to fulfill it. Or at the very least take positive steps towards making your dreams happen.
18. Stop complaining about things you can’t change.
19. It’s OK to have cereal for dinner sometimes.
20. Animals make the best friends.
21. Listen to what other people have to say, even if you don’t agree with it.
22. Move, as often as you can.
23. Invest your time and energy in people who invest just as much in you.
24. Jealously gets you nowhere.
25. Give love unconditionally.
26. Good manners are attractive. So is good grammar.
27. Let your light shine.
Have a wonderful day lovelies. I’m off to drink some champagne! ❤